Compensation and Benefits:
Internships are Part time/Temporary positions- $12.50 an hour (up to 320 hours per semester); no benefits (Interns may extend for an additional semester, if desired.)
Arrive Utah is seeking a Community Outreach Intern to assist in the managing and growth of our community presence and awareness. This is an excellent opportunity for a student or recent graduate to gain experience working in a non-profit and join an enthusiastic and collaborative team.
Arrive Utah helps strengthen businesses and communities through innovative, effective solutions that help people:
• Increase social capital
• Secure basic needs
• Thrive as individuals and families
• Assist with the planning and coordination of community events
• Research, Identify and foster relations with possible community partnership opportunities with local businesses and organizations
• Assist with soliciting donations for community events
• Utilize creative skills to build connections between our organization and the community
• Participate in meetings with potential donors and vendors
• Secure in-kind donations
• Assist in the recruitment of volunteers
• Help promote Kindness Campaign and Community Challenges to Utah groups and communities
• Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must have enthusiasm for building relationships and networking
• Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to work independently as well as with others.
• Have an interest in poverty reduction work.
• Ability to work well with a diversity of people, including people from a variety of economic backgrounds.
This is a 4-month commitment (one semester) with the possibility to continue for an additional semester. Flexible schedule, but hours between 9-5 Mon-Friday is preferred. Requires 160 hours minimum (10 hours per week), but interns may work up to 320 hours per semester (20 hours a week).
Arrive Utah is open Monday-Friday from 9:00-5:00 pm.
Remote work is acceptable, a personal computer with internet access is preferred for remote work. Some in-person meetings and appointments may be required.
How to Apply:
Please email your:
• Community Action Application
• Reference release forms
• A brief message describing your interest to Julie Duckett at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Community Outreach intern” as the subject.
In the message, please explain why you are interested in community outreach and how you would benefit working with Arrive Utah. Please include your availability and desired work hours.
Arrive Utah, under Community Action Services and Food Bank, is an equal opportunity employer