MEDICAL / ADOLESCENT MENTAL/BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Hours: Part-time, 10-15 hours/week, flexible schedule allowed between 9am-3pm M-F and/or 3:30-6:30 MTTh
Perks: Potential school credit if registered for Psych 496R, Lunch provided daily, Free access to community activities on outings with kids, Amazing therapeutic atmosphere and culture, Flexible schedule, Friendly team to work with, Real-life field experience and Exceptional learning environment.
Contact: Interested applicants may send a cover letter and resume to Scott Caldwell (Scott@scsforyouth.com).
Summit Counseling Solutions is an adolescent treatment facility in Provo, Utah that provides youth age 12-18, struggling with mental/behavioral health, Day Treatment and Intensive Outpatient services. Our adolescent Day Treatment and Intensive Outpatient programs are growing rapidly as we continue to provide industry education, outreach, and individual and family therapy. We are looking for interns to join our team who are pursuing careers in the mental/behavioral health or education fields and are prepared to offer relevant, diversified professional opportunities to interns seeking to gain meaningful, applicable professional experience. This is a very exciting opportunity for a student interested in gaining valuable industry exposure, training, and experience working with adolescents in ways that impact both youth and their families.
- Mentor students by helping them in their daily activities (creating and achieving school goals, participating in activities on and off campus, processing emotions, supporting treatment plans, etc.)
- Compile, organize, and document treatment notes from clinicians and other program providers.
- Provide support to the Clinical Director and Program Director during daily group and experiential therapeutic activities
- Formulate and teach experiential lessons based on Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) principles
- Create, compile and provide additional program documentation as needed
- Contribute to a safe, trusting, and open environment that supports mental health and healing
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Candidates with the ability to demonstrate proactivity, organizational skills, flexibility, humor, sensitivity, and attention to detail are preferred. No experience necessary. We will train the right candidate.
Applicants with the following undergraduate majors are preferred: Psychology, Social Work, Family Studies, Counseling, or Education.