Lead Mentor Teacher
Teens Act is a nonprofit based in Provo with a mission to empower underserved high school students to graduate from high school and go on to higher education. We are looking for passionate individuals to teach and implement the Teens Act program. If you have good teaching, leadership, and communication skills as well as a passion for helping teenagers succeed, please apply! This is a great opportunity to serve your community while developing your teaching skills and adding to your leadership experience.
- As lead mentor, with the assistance of other mentors help coordinating the program during the Student Success Class, After School Mentoring Program, and Parent Support Program as needed.
- Help students complete current schoolwork, recover lost credits (failed classes) and improve academic and success skills.
- Motivate and encourage students to participate in opportunities and take advantage of resources provided by the school, Teens Act and the community to succeed in school.
- Track student performance and report on student progress to school and Teens Act staff.
- Attend team meetings.
- Be able to lead student instruction during the Student Success Class, coordinate after school and parent support services along with other mentors.
- College level skills preferred in order to help students with their schoolwork.
- Previous experience in teaching, mentoring, or working with at-risk youth is a plus.
- Spanish proficiency a plus.
- Be able to work about 5-9 hours a week depending on the school (meetings + class hours) for at least a semester.
- One year commitment is a plus.
# of Positions: 2
1 at Timpview High School (THS)
1 at Provo High School (PHS)
Note: This is a paid opportunity
Deadline: Open until filled and priority will be given to early applicants
How to Apply:
Submit a one-page resume to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact by email (email@example.com) or call/text Gary Lacock at 801-360-7135 for more information