Who they’re looking for: Interns who are innovative, self-starters, outgoing, great with people, dependable, and sensitive to the needs of families and children.
What interns should expect: Internships are unpaid are welcome to work anywhere from 8-20 hours per week. Interns may be expected to travel within Utah Valley. This is a great opportunity for those looking to get hands-on experience working with the community and for anyone interested in going into the Behavioral Science or Mental Health field. Assist the Disabilities and Mental Health Coordinators and Child Development Services Director with current projects within the Disabilities and Mental Health program.
Spanish speaking and knowledge of Hispanic cultures is highly desirable for this internship position but not required.
● Help in the Sensory resource room where the children participate in fun hands-on learning
● Coordinate with the Disabilities and Mental Health Coordinators in delivering social emotional services to 722 preschool children
● Be willing to work on other duties as assigned such as: clerical or operational functions
● In the classroom assisting with classroom activities such as social emotional activities, helping with classroom events and activities, assisting with bilingual children
● Assist with classroom events
● Help with aggregating and analyzing our assessment data (the outcomes data from our last developmental assessment) on the children’s developmental gains.
Please, fill out this application form online to apply: https://forms.gle/JHTHZGrSQwsQuCQY9