Circles Utah Valley – Internship
Circles Utah Valley is looking for an intern who will assist with site development and community outreach for the Salem location. Main office located in Provo, UT.
Circles Utah Valley is part of an innovative national program that works to move low-income families out of poverty and into financial self-reliance. The Circles Initiative is grounded in research which suggests low-income families must have strong social capital and connections within their communities to improve their economic situation. Interns will have opportunities to work directly with low-income participants, volunteers and staff to gain an understanding of the non-profit workplace and the challenge low-income families face in our community.
Interns will work directly with the Circles Coach and other staff members to carry out a variety of projects:
- Create and develop strategies and tools to help site volunteers, participants, and staff stay connected outside of weekly meetings.
- Evaluate and access ways to improve meeting layout and facility planning.
- Participate and sit on Community Team. Coordinate and collaborate with Community Team to create strategies to increase community participation at weekly meetings.
- Assist Coach and Program Assistant in creating and developing site procedures manual.
- Engage in volunteer recruitment and retention for South County area by working with VISTA and Outreach Team.
ADDITIONAL ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Comfortable working in community organizing and community development
- Strong organization skills in managing complex tasks with autonomy
- Ability to provide one’s own transportation
- Ability to work flexible schedule (must work Thursday evenings each week)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with South Utah County area and demographic preferred
Summer 2017 (May-August)
Send an email with: your resume, how you learned about Circles, and why you are interested in a Circles Internship to Jessica Awbrey, Salem Circles Coach, at JAwbrey@CommunityActionUC.org (office: 801-691-5242)