The American Fork Police Department is in need of a student intern studying psychology, sociology, or related field who is interested in making a difference! This internship opportunity is motivated by a very real need in the department and community to develop a more comprehensive mental health program with the AF Police Department.
- Develop solutions
- Research police records and reports
- Identify persons who may be suffering from mental illness
- Follow-up visits
- Identify appropriate community resources
- Community outreach
- Develop coordinated response
We expect that the intern will problem-solve and help us come up with viable solutions to questions like:
- How can we est develop a functional database of mentally ill subjects who need additional help?
- What mental health outreach programs and resources are available in our community to assist those suffering from mental illness in American Fork?
- How can we mobilize and connect community resources to allow for a coordinated response from law enforcement and social workers as needed?
- How can we help those suffering from mental illness to actually obtain treatment (this is a step beyond simply giving a person a list of available resources)?
If this looks like a task you are ready to take on, please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for the internship to: firstname.lastname@example.org