KIDS ON THE MOVE has a great opportunity to work with families with special needs kids. This specific internship is working with parents to improve their interaction and involvement with their kids. It provides a wide range of opportunity to develop new skills.
Job Description: Parent Involvement Specialist Intern for Early Head Start
Qualifications: Training and experience in fields related to social, human, or family services or in non-profit management. Preferred: Bachelors Degree or in process of accomplishing degree. An understanding of family systems, family service work, and community service systems. Must have good computer skills (Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and very good organizational skills; ability to partner with community members, staff and parents, build skills in others through effective delegation, and act as a supportive team member. Have the ability to communicate effectively, maintain confidentiality and a positive attitude, and act consistent with a belief in the dignity and respect of all people are keys to success in this position. Spanish language ability is preferred.
Must provide own reliable transportation. Valid driver’s license and verification of car insurance. Ability to become certified in CPR, First aid, and Food Handlers (at KOTM expense). Have proof of current immunization, including TB. Willing to work variable hours, including some evenings and occasional Saturdays.
Responsibilities: Supports the EHS Parent Involvement Specialist through planning and promoting Parent and Male Involvement in all aspects of Early Head Start. Provides support to the Parent Committee Officers.
Responsibilities include: Assist in Parent Involvement efforts including Parent Committee planning and activities and Father/Male Involvement efforts, making sure Performance Standards are met for this program area.
- Promote the FACT (Fathers and Children Together) program.
- Prepare monthly reports of parent involvement services and activities. (Using Genesis Earth also)
- Prepare quarterly parent mileage reimbursement information.
- Record attendance at Discovery Group, Parent Committee, and Policy Council.
- Engage in weekly planning sessions with Parent Involvement Specialist.
- Generate a monthly calendar of parent involvement activities in English and Spanish
- Generate flyers for Parent Involvement activities.
- Assist in in-kind tracking process by submitting accurate attendance information to the EHS Coordinator.
- Coordinate parent activities and Discovery Group activities to assure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards.
- Attend Parent Activities, Discovery Group, and FACT activities as possible. These are held every Wednesday evening and usually one Saturday each month.
- Provide support and assistance to Parent Involvement Specialist as needed.
- Hours per week: 8-15
- Begins in January
E-mail a resume/cover letter to MHyde@kotm.org
Education Manager • Early Head Start
p 801.221.9930 ext. # 164 • f 801.221.0649
kids on the move • kotm.org