Health Care Assistant (Mentor) Internship/Employment
Health Care Assistants monitor and care for the physical, emotional and social needs of New Haven’s students. Applicants must possess skills in discernment, intervention and teaching techniques. HCA’s directly supervise and assist students in processing through their various issues and concerns, and observe/chart student behavior, affect and participation. Applicants must be capable of holding appropriate boundaries with students. New Haven has a program with a rich learning and supportive atmosphere. For more information about New Haven please visit their website: http://www.newhavenrtc.com
New Haven Residential Treatment Center is seeking a part time Health Care Assistant (mentor). New Haven is a residential treatment center for adolescent girls and their families. At New Haven, our treatment is family focused, values based and multisystemic; these three foundational elements make for a clinically sophisticated program that puts relationship at the center of the healing process. New Haven has two campuses in Utah – one in Spanish Fork and the other in Saratoga Springs.
- 1-2 years experience or education in the field of social work, psychology or an equivalent behavioral science.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skills in building healthy relationships, problem solving, de-escalating agitated students.
- Ability to effectively communicate rules, expectations and consequences.
- Capable of holding boundaries.
- Ability to teach positive values and find balance between nurture and discipline.
- Hardworking, observant and organized.
- Excellent people skills and ability to work with a team or with individuals as necessary.
- Capable of engaging in physical activities.
Must be 21 or older
Must have a current driver license and good driving record
Must be able to pass a Utah State background check
Must be willing to make a minimum of a 7 month commitment
M, W, F 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. M, W, F 3:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.
T, T, S 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. T, T, S 3:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.
On-Call – pick-up a minimum of two 8 hr shifts from those listed above.
All shifts work 16 Sunday hours a month
Email resume to HR@NewHavenRTC.com
Debbi Johnson, SPHR