Fall Internship Opportunity: National Council for Adoption (NCFA)!
Washington, DC – Washington Seminar still has a few spots open for fall.
Contact Washington Seminar Director, Scott Dunaway (firstname.lastname@example.org) to express your interest and get information for how to get the application process started.
Organization of individuals, agencies, and corporations interested in adoption. Supports adoption through certified agencies; advocates the right to confidentiality in adoption. Conducts research and conferences; provides information; offers pregnancy counseling, maternity services, and counseling for infertile couples.
NCFA offers an excellent opportunity for students to join us as we help children find loving, permanent families through adoption. NCFA interns are eligible to obtain school credit, when applicable. As an intern, you have the choice of working in one or more of our departments, including: General Administration, Training and Agency Services, Communications, Development, and Government Relations.
Communications: – Maintaining NCFA’s social media networks and growing number of followers.
– Follow adoption and cause-related Blogs and other relevant websites and report on trends.
– Gather content for social media pages including photos, videos, etc.
– Provide tracking reports on social media websites.
– Some Web development, including enhancements to social media websites.
– Creative development of short videos and shoot/produce short adoption and cause-related videos (NCFA will provide all required hardware and supplies).
– Assist with drafting press releases and media advisories.
– Research adoption-related news.
– Assist with development of new public service announcement campaign.
Applicants should have a demonstrable interest in adoption and related issues or a strong background in communications. Good writing and interpersonal skills are also important. Experience planning major events/conferences or volunteering at major events/conferences is preferred. Computer/programming/Web page skills a plus. Office skills.
Communications: -specialization in marketing, journalism, communications, public relations, or related course study.
– Demonstrated knowledge of social media and CMS/html is a plus.
– Relevant social media and video production experience.
– Graphic design ability a plus.
– Ability to work on location at National Council For Adoption’s office at least three days per week and up to five days per week for the duration of the internship.