Full-Time Position: PROGRAM & RESEARCH COORDINATOR
Organization Description: Teens Act is 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a mission to empower under-resourced students to graduate from high school and obtain a post-secondary education. We offer an elective College Preparation Class, a Mentoring Program, and a Parent Support Program. Please visit our website www.teens-act.org for more information.
- Direct evaluation projects including conducting, compiling, and analyzing pre-survey and post-survey for students and parents
- Create a quarterly report and annual report for school administrators, sponsors, and public
- Compile the data from the accountability reports and fit to a model that allows the Teens Act directors to easily track teacher/mentor progress over time.
- Create new initiatives to effectively reach out and keep in contact with both students and their parents post-program.
- Research organizations that Teens Act can potentially partner with to enhance our resources and curriculum.
- Be able to attend the mandatory training from August 3-6 in Los Angeles (travel costs are covered by CNCS)
- Be willing to dedicate one year of your time (starting in August) and service according to VISTA guidelines (35+ hours/week)
- Proficiency in research methods; experience with conducting field experiments is preferred
- Proficiency in modeling, analyzing, and presenting data
- Proficiency in writing by using Google Drive and Microsoft Office
- Can adapt to an ever changing environment
- Takes initiative in task completion with little or no supervision
- Is very organized with both physical and electronic documents
Compensation & Benefits
- Average $891 a month pre-tax (paid bi-weekly). Estimated living allowance of $10,692 for 12 months
- The VISTA can choose an Education Award ($5,550) or End-of-Service Cash Stipend ($1,500)
- Health Coverage
- Relocation Allowance (if you reside outside of Utah)
- Subsidized Childcare
- Travel costs to necessary conferences, workshops, and events
Selected candidates will be required to submit all necessary paperwork by June 24th. We encourage you to apply as early as possible.
How to Apply
Send your resume (one page, please) to Teens Act at firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement of interest.