Utah Attorney General’s Office
Victim Advocate Intern
The Office of the Utah Attorney General is seeking a driven and empathetic college student to assist the Victim Advocate in an unpaid, part-time internship.
This internship will last September-December, 2017. Hours are flexible.
We are seeking to fill the position as soon as possible. We will accept applications until the position is filled.
Purpose: To act as a liaison between victims and members of the justice system by providing victim assistance services.
- Explain the criminal justice process to victims and answer questions
- Advise victims of their victims’ rights and answer questions
- Notify victims of hearings and accompany victims to court
- Identify victim’s needs and provide referrals/resources
- Offer reassurance and empathetic listening
- Follow-up with victims regarding case status
- Assist Victim Coordinator with case work
- Answer questions/concerns from the general public
- Assist with trainings and special projects