STRENGTHENING FAMILIES PROGRAM
(offered by the Provo School District)
The Strengthening Families Program (SFP) is a nationally and internationally recognized evidence based parenting and family strengthening program.
SFP has been found to:
– significantly improve effective parenting skills.
– improve family relationships & communication.
– reduce problem behaviors, delinquency & alcohol/drug abuse.
– improve school performance & social competencies in children.
– decrease child maltreatment & increase love/peace in the home.
– increase parental abilities to strengthen bonds with their children.
– family appreciation. – effective communication.
– encouraging good behavior. – family appreciation.
– setting limits & boundaries. – family activities/recreation.
– understanding choice & accountability. – setting/achieving goals.
– helping children handle peer pressure. – importance of family meetings.
– creating healthy relationships. – stress & anger management.
– problem-solving skills. – the principle of work.
SFP additional information:
– a comprehensive 10-week program teaching basic principles that will increase opportunities for success, peace, happiness & love.
– cycles offered fall, winter & summer.
– for ANY family with a desire to be stronger & build family relationships.
– available in English & Spanish.
– each cycle classes are held weekly @ IHS* on Monday evenings from 5:30-7:30 pm.
– a nice catered dinner is provided each week before class & dessert after class.
– all family members are invited (SFP has adult/teen/child classes & a nursery).
– families who so desire are invited to visit the IHS Food Bank each week for family meals during the subsequent week.
– each family will be visited in their home prior to class beginning to ensure they have all the needed information, schedule & are prepared for the cycle.
This program begins on 2/25/2019 and will run for ten consecutive weeks through May 2019. We will be training our volunteers in January & February before our first class.
If interested, please contact:
Damon G. Bolli
Director, Strengthening Families Program
Provo School District
*Independence High School
636 Independence Ave.
Provo, UT 84601