Stabilization Plan for Pre-Circle Leader Class Participants
Intern Position Winter Semester, 2019
To help facilitate retention and preparation of potential Circle Leaders, (or participants in poverty) who are waiting for the 12-week class to begin.
To ensure that potential Circle Leaders are at stage 3 on the self-sufficiency scale by the start of the 12-week class.
- Intern will become familiar with the Circles model and attend a Bridges out of Poverty training as part of their hours as well as an Ally training. (2.5 hours each)
- Intern will make and maintain a relationship with following organizations:
- Financial Learning Center
- Turning Point and/or Strengthening Families
- DWS and/or CAS
- BYU Comprehensive Clinic and/or Family Support and Treatment Center
- Wasatch Mental Health and/or Community Health Connect/Mountainlands
- Intern will get contact information of the potential Circle leader
- Intern will meet with potential Circle leader at Community Action Services, get to know them and their goals
- Intern will determine if potential Circle leader is in need of any of the following:
- Counseling and Healthcare
- Housing placement and subsidies
- Food Stamps and cash assistance
- Childcare and transportation assistance
- Intern will help potential Circle leader complete the following:
- Attend a first Tuesday night Matched Circles (meet and greet)
- Meet with Charmagne at the Financial Learning Center and start working on their budget? Complete class?
- Sign up and complete one class session at Turning Point and/or Strengthening Families, depending on needs
- Receive adequate assistance that can help meet needs (as determined at intake): DWS, CAS, HEAT, etc.
- If determined at intake that counseling is needed, start counseling at BYU Comprehensive Clinic and/or Family Support and Treatment Center
- If determined at intake that healthcare is needed, sign up with Wasatch Mental Health and/or Community Health Connect or Mountainlands
- Potential Circle Leader will complete required commitments with above organizations (as determined by Coaches and Coordinator). Intern will keep track of progress.
- Intern will maintain weekly contact with potential Circle Leader
- Potential Circle Leader will write up a summary of what they learned from their experience and how they feel it helped them prepare for the 12-week class (?)
If you are interested in this internship or have questions, please contact Kathy Givens at: email@example.com, 434-426-8586 to set up an interview. This internship would be for winter semester-2019 for 10 hours a week. See this link for more information about Circles: