Apply now for Fall Semester!!!
– Engage with clients in the children’s group and at monthly events called Friend 2 Friend activities to gain hands-on experience interacting with at-risk children and families
– Look for certain behaviors of kids in the children’s group and take weekly group notes to track their progress
– Work on research related to kinship care/foster care/kinship care programs to discover what is currently happening with kinship children and families (this information is helpful in the grant writing process)
– Participate in at least one community council meeting to gain an understanding of programs available to at-risk families in the community and how they work together
– Participate in an advisory board meeting to gain a direct understanding of current issues that kinship families face and how the program helps them (the advisory board consists of a group of past program participants who gather to discuss what is working well with the program and what could be improved)
– Assist with creating and sending out invitations to monthly activities and gathering RSVPs for these events
– Learn about and assist with any other program processes as assistance is needed