Program Services Internship
Make-A-Wish® Utah has an opening for a program services intern. This position will offer experience in many different facets of accepting and processing referrals, creating travel itineraries and assisting with wish-related events.
Hours: 6-15 hours per week, flexible schedule.
Duration: One semester or longer
Location: 771 East Winchester, Murray, UT 84107
Reporting to the Director of Program Services, the program services intern will have the following responsibilities:
- Accept and process referrals for new wish kids
- Work with wish families on intake process
- Creation of files for new wish kids
- Creation of unique itineraries for travel wishes
- Provide assistance with travel details for wishes
- Aide in file closure at the conclusion of each wish
- Computer proficiency required (Microsoft Office)
- Family/child oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with and acknowledge the contribution of a diverse and dynamic team of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to speak Spanish not a requirement, but would be helpful.
- Opportunity to attend wish-related events, wish family activities and fundraising events
- Experience using fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud)
- Resume credit with a nationally recognized nonprofit organization.
TO APPLY ~~ Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Make-A-Wish Utah
The Make-A-Wish Foundation grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. With the help of generous donors and volunteers, Make-A-Wish Utah grants over 160 wishes a year. Located in its facility in Murray, A Wishing Place, the Foundation offers a quality wish experience that includes a magical wish-making ceremony in the Wishing Tower, special wish tokens to throw in a wish fountain, and plenty of room for wish-granting celebrations. For more information, visit www.utah.wish.org