Communications Internship Description
Make-A-Wish® Utah has an opening for a communications intern. This position will offer experience in many different facets of writing and PR while working a variety of major projects in a fun team environment.
Hours: 10-20 hours per week, flexible schedule.
Duration: One semester or longer
Location: 771 East Winchester, Murray, UT 84107
Preferred: Students who must complete an internship as part of their degree program
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications intern will have the following responsibilities:
- Edit and update website
- Compose Press Releases and PSAs
- Write stories about wishes
- Liaise with media regarding PR opportunities
- Assist with grant writing
- Assist with media campaigns for various promotions & fundraisers
- Manage media lists and community calendars
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Office
- Some knowledge of graphic design and web design software (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop, etc.), or willingness and aptitude for learning new programs.
- Opportunity to attend wish-related events, wish family activities and fundraising events
- Resume credit with a nationally recognized nonprofit organization.
TO APPLY ~~ Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Make-A-Wish Utah
The Make-A-Wish Foundation grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. With the help of generous donors and volunteers, Make-A-Wish Utah grants over 160 wishes a year. Located in its facility in Murray, A Wishing Place, the Foundation offers a quality wish experience that includes a magical wish-making ceremony in the Wishing Tower, special wish tokens to throw in a wish fountain, and plenty of room for wish-granting celebrations. For more information, visit www.utah.wish.org.